The BSACI continues to provide support to clinicians and scientists involved in Allergy in the UK and overseas. Our aim is to provide high quality NHS based allergy service to patients with allergic disease and other disorders of the immune system.
Definitions of Membership Categories
Student: Undergraduates; Junior: to qualify members must be under 35 years old or any non-clinician within five years of their last higher degree (eg PhD, MSc) or any clinical trainee in allergy or clinical immunology or a related clinical specialty; Allied Health Professional: Nurses, Dietitians; Non Clinical: Scientists and Researchers; Clinical: Senior Doctors; Overseas: Overseas members; Joint: Married/Partners.
Click to Download the BSACI Membership Application Form
Additional benefits of membership
- Discounts on books/journals from journal publisher.
- BSACI members receive a 20% discount to all Allergy Academy events, click here for details
- Reduced rates for journal publication (eg CEA Online Open).
- Opportunities to advertise jobs/meetings (for academic members) on the website with an email alert to the membership.
- Opportunities to work with colleagues to influence health policy and drive clinical practice.
- Access to a wide range of special interest groups on everything from clinical trials to vasculitis.
- Access to the members area of the website.
- Support for members’ applications under the Department of Health’s Clinical Excellence Awards (ACCEA).
- Eligibility to apply for prizes.
- The opportunity to become involved in Society activities-committees, guideline groups,external consultations.
- The option to stand for nominated BSACI positions or to become part of the annual conference faculty.
- Full business meetings and voting rights.
- Professional representation with the Royal College of Physicians.
- Discounted rates for education courses.
- Discounted room hire at head office.
BSACI is also a member of the World Allergy Organization (WAO). For more information on benefits of membership, please click here.
Student Membership - Only undergraduates are eligible to apply (includes nurses and dietitians).
Members’ Website - All members receive access to the members area of the BSACI website where most members (pending category of membership) can access the online journal, download patient information leaflets, view guidelines (including eGuidelines) and the position papers etc. as well as view the latest edition of Allergy Update - the official newsletter of the BSACI and much more.
There are also details of how to apply for a Travel Fellowship to attend international meetings - eligibility requires ratification of membership beforehand and proof of an accepted abstract.
Members News Headlines
Access to Allergy